It's not you, it's your technique
The problem with most marker lessons and tutorials is that they're based on the copy-cat theory.
"I'll show you how I colored this project. By watching me color, you'll be able to do it too!"
But a monkey-see, monkey do style demonstration only works for that one image. Eventually you hit a brick wall where you've seen it all and understand nothing.
Basics classes fill in the gaps!
We're learning the basics of realism! It's more than how to do something, learn why. The why is a far more valuable lesson because you can apply it to all of your coloring projects.
No more guessing where the color goes!
Chocolate Box- Forever access, work at your own pace.
What's new in Marker Painting Basics?
- Forever access, work at your own pace
- 20 minute video on creating pseudo-black inks for correct depth
- Guided Coloring videos- 90 minutes of guided coloring instruction
- Full color samples and printable guides
- Techniques used in Chocolate Box include
- Pseudo-Black Inks for Copic
- Push & Pull
- Quick Perspective
- Soft and Hard Highlights
- Use of photo references for accuracy
- Distress Flourish Background with faux Reflections
(Sorry, class launch date postponed from the 8th to the 12th due to a raging case of the flu... hack, hack, shiver, ugh!)
A realism challenge!
Have you been coloring for a while, you're blending well, doing all the right things AND STILL, you're missing that magical spark of realism?
Chances are, you're not using the correct values and desaturation in your deep areas to create the look of depth.
"Values and desaturation"? Don't worry, it's not as complicated as it sounds.
Learn my technique for creating pseudo-black inks, the marker colors that Copic doesn't make. Then apply them to projects, correcting the shallow look comes from using Copic blending trios.
Chocolate Box - forever access, work at your own pace.
Student Loyalty Discount:
Vanilla Arts Co. students qualify for a 20% discount on workshop classes. Email Amy at email@example.com for BEFORE making your purchase to receive a discount code.
Marker Painting Basics is skill-building instruction
Designed for intermediate to advanced students- Once you have mastered the basic blend with Copics, we can build upon that skill to increase your realism.
Every class covers a new art-based technique or concept.
Practice your new technique on the class image but apply the lesson to all your future coloring projects.
Marker Painting Basics is perfect for:
- Moderate beginners who already have basic Copic blending skills
- Intermediate colorers who are tired of "monkey see, monkey do" classes
- Experienced colorers looking to challenge their current skills
- Shy artists who want more than craft-level classes
I recommend that students start with Marker Painting Foundations if you do not have basic blending skills before starting a Marker Painting Basics class.