It's not you, it's your technique
The problem with most marker lessons and tutorials is that they're based on the copy-cat theory.
"I'll show you how I colored this project. By watching me color, you'll be able to do it too!"
But a monkey-see, monkey do style demonstration only works for that one image. Eventually you hit a brick wall where you've seen it all and understand nothing.
Basics classes fill in the gaps!
Learn more than how to do something, learn why. The why is a far more valuable lesson because you can apply it to all of your coloring projects.
No more guessing where the color goes!
What's new in Marker Painting Basics?
- Forever access, work at your own pace
- 20 minute Technique of the Month video on creating colorful Distress Ink backgrounds
- Guided Coloring videos- 70 minutes of guided coloring instruction
- Full color samples and printable guides
- Techniques used in Candlelight include
- Non-sequential blending combinations
- Use of photo references for accuracy
- Highlights for satin and glossy surfaces
- Color bouncing and unification
Candles are not a new subject in the stamping world...
but most people color them as if they're PVC pipes with a thermodynamic explosion at the top.
Take it easy folks!
Candle light is gentle and muted. Learn how to control the wattage and add a lovely translucency to your wax candle.
And if you've been waiting for a tutorial on my inky backgrounds, this is the class for you!
Student Loyalty Discount:
Vanilla Arts Co. students qualify for a 20% discount on workshop classes. Email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org for BEFORE making your purchase to receive a discount code.
Marker Painting Basics is skill-building instruction
Designed for intermediate to advanced students- Once you have mastered the basic blend with Copics, we can build upon that skill to increase your realism.
Every class covers a new art-based technique or concept.
Practice your new technique on the class image but apply the lesson to all your future coloring projects.
Marker Painting Basics is perfect for:
- Moderate beginners who already have basic Copic blending skills
- Intermediate colorers who are tired of "monkey see, monkey do" classes
- Experienced colorers looking to challenge their current skills
- Shy artists who want more than craft-level classes
I recommend that students start with Marker Painting Foundations if you do not have basic blending skills before starting a Marker Painting Basics class.